Thursday, August 5, 2010

About Children and Writing :)

It’s become very clear to me in the last few days since I started this blog that I really can't write. I guess I already knew that, but now it's obvious not just to me, but to anyone else who reads this blog also.

Some people really have a talent for writing. I came across another blog a few days ago and the author; well I can't even describe how well he writes. I read a story he wrote about some young boys he had met. It was like being in another world. It took me to where he was (Israel) and it felt like I was standing there watching the story unfold.

Anyway, enough about that. (See how I ramble!)

Last night I went along to Woodend Christian Camp to visit my little Bible in schools kiddies who were on a school camp there. Boy those kids are cute! When we (Lydia B and I) got through the door the girls swarmed us with hugs and excitedly showed us their cabin. While we all had tea they were quite happy to chat away. It was really neat getting to know some of them as friends, not just being "Miss Rachel". After tea we played board games. One little boy, L____ wanted to play a game with "just you and me". He is ADHD or something and is a handful but he thrives on one on one attention. I also found out he's a bit (ok, majorly) a cheat :p.

After games we had a story about Tarore, a Maori girl. The kids enjoyed it and got right into trying to pronounce Maori names and places. It was fun! I reckon our kids are really cool :) Then we had a quiz to see how much they learnt, and they did really well.

So there's a bit about my evening :) A completely random post I know, but I couldn't think of what else to say.


~Rachel

No comments: