Friday, February 4, 2011

Tribute

I've been a bit slack about keeping up the blog, haven't I? Sorry. Life has been very busy lately, and it feels like there is way too much going on to focus on a blog ;)
Anyway, here is a poem I wrote about 9 months ago, when Mum miscarried and a little baby left us all and went to heaven. I was a painful time for us, and it hurt so badly. I did a lot of thinking and crying and praying things through and came up with this poem. It still hurts to think about and to re-read it. Kinda brings all the memories and feelings of that time in our life back.

Tribute


I was happy you were here
And looked forward to your birth
But now you’ve gone ahead
And left me on this earth

I know you’re in heaven
So I guess I should rejoice
But I can’t yet find that in me
Cause I never heard your voice

I never got to meet you
I never saw your face
But though I still miss you
Heaven bound you’ve won the race

I really wish you’d stay
But I know it’s too late,
You’re already on your way
So I’ll join you there someday

I didn’t want it to end this way
But sometimes there’s one thing to say
And that is to praise our God
Who gives and sometimes takes away

One day I know I will understand
Why it didn’t happen like we’d planned
So for now all I’m asking
Is God, that You’d hold my hand

Boy, girl or both, we’re still not sure
But this child is on earth no more
That’s right friends, we need to say
A child to heaven has slipped away
24/07/2010


To a baby whose identity is unknown
From a sister who will one day
See him/her face to face in heaven <3
By Rachel Christine Thompson

No comments: