Saturday, September 25, 2010

Trust

I wrote this a while ago...
If trusting means letting go
I’m not sure I wanna know.
If letting go means walking away
Well, I’d really rather stay

I know it’s wrong to delay
Isn’t there another way?
I’d rather You used another plan
Why can’t he really be “The Man”?
 
I told You once in You I’d trust
Now I wonder if I really must.
But of course I do,
When I think it through

How to could I think I know best?
Only You know all the rest
I can’t see the future, only the past
I know many things don’t really last

So help me God, to trust in You
Even when it’s so hard to do
I will let go of the old me
And then I know I’ll really see
 
If trusting means letting go
I wanna show I love You so
So I’d much rather walk away
And have You to light my every day.


~Rachel :)

No comments: