Saturday, October 2, 2010

Big Families and Birthdays

Our "birthday month" this year has begun! When you have a large family, and a lot of the children are born about 2 years apart, you often get a cluster of birthdays all at once...Hence, Birthday Month!

We started of with a roar - little Jacob had his 4th birthday on the 1st, yesterday. He was spoiled with presents and had a great time. You should have seen his grin! Jacob has such a cute smile, it just lights up his whole face into one huge sunbeam :)

My sister and I also went birthday shopping together yesterday. I was quite impressed with how much we got done. Presents for 7 people in just a few hours! We went home with sore feet and depleted purses, haha! But I had a great time and got to give my sister's baby, my nephew, heaps of cuddles too. He's just the cutest :) I'm trying to be his favourite aunty =D

Anyway, this year, instead of having a party for each child, we thought we would try having a massive Birthday Bash in the middle of the month to celebrate them all together. So, giant party planning has begun!

To give you an idea of how it goes, this month Jacob turns 4, Leah 6, Timothy 8, Isaiah 13, Jonathan 15, my older sister 20, and Mum - well yeah, she turns a year older too :p. Also Dad and Mums wedding anniversary is this month, along with Grandma and Granddads! No, that's not all of us, the rest of us have our birthdays elsewhere in the year :)


In other happenings... tomorrow I'm going on a CEF camp. It's lots of fun, challenging and can put you way out of your comfort zone (especially if you're shy like me!) Pray for me if you have time, cos I need it, and for the girls that will be in my team too :)

Hope y'all have a great week, and I’ll try to tell how camp went in my next post :)



~Rachel

No comments: