Monday, August 2, 2010

A poem

I don't know what to write, so I thought I'd just put on a poem I wrote a little while ago...


A Clean Heart


“Create in me a clean heart”
The psalm, that is how it reads.
But what about my own heart?
Only You know how it bleeds.


For from You my heart, it strayed far away,
Re- pounding the nails again yesterday.
My audacity, my shame,
I can only look with pain.


You died for me, I mocked You.
I’m all sin, my whole heart through.
How I could cause You so much pain?
I know not how I can explain.


But there is something more
I’ll never understand
How ever You could ask me
To come back into Your hand.


I know You’re all-forgiving,
That much I have been told.
But I never really knew how much,
Till the day I re-entered Your fold.


Father, I know You’re able
To keep my feet from slipping.
So make my way pure and stable,
‘Till Your glory I am seeing


“Create in me a clean heart”
Yes that is my hearts prayer
`Cos I’m on a new start
A walk where You are there


~Rachel~



2 comments:

Lydie said...

wow, Rachel. This is beautiful - and so true! I like your poetry.

Rachel said...

O my goodness I'm finding all these comments that I didn't even see! Sorry! And thank you :) <3